Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.GB.title
Quick.Response
New

Seems strange that Sony BIV was probably the only missing platform not announced on the day Netflix launched in the UK, especially when our friends over the pond already have these capabilites on their Bravias.

Vtuner support or some other music streaming capabilites such as Napster would also make this a fantastic platform.

I know people are complaining about the lack of 4OD and ITV Player but it seems like the broadcasters aren't that bothered in adding support. Maybe these people haven't actually noticed that there is nothing worth watching on these catch up services.

Has anyone else noticed that the DLNA renderer on the latest firmware (PKG3.807EUA-0104) goes to sleep sometimes and then needs a kick by either disabling/re-enabling it as it can't be seen on the network. Come to think of it sometimes the wireless doesn't connect either on poweron then requiring the internal wireless to be disabled and then re-enabled. These two issues don't seem to be related as sometimes the wireless starts ok, but I can't see the renderer.

profile.country.ro_RO.title
dyonissos
Visitor

Well, that was all from me.

Sold the Bravia and got a passive 3D LED at the same price paid for the CX520.

Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
Quick.Response
New

It would be great if the 2011 series TV's would work with a Humax PVR serving mpeg2-ts using twonky (vers 4.4.18).

Would be more than happy to provide sample files to someone at Sony who might be able to resolve this issue. The issue is documented on the discussion forum at https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/678540 but has no real suitable resolution posted.

I know from looking at plenty of other forums that there are quite a number of other people that would be very happy if this could be made to work.

Regards

profile.country.el_GR.title
Mastoras78
Visitor

The lack of .mkv support is unacceptable. Time to move on and change your policy. Most customers is waiting nothing less than a firmware update on near future to resolve this issue. Due to this i am forced to connect pc on my NX720 or bying stand alone media player. I would really like to start using DLNA to play .mkv files on my TV. Product is good but i am forced to propose my friends to buy a Samsung for example. Competition is hard out there and i am sure Sony knows it better than anyone...

terry_nyorks
Visitor

One disappointmnet with the new Bravia KDL-32EX723 TV I have recently purchased is the absence of a PP (i.e. previous program) function on the hand controllor. This is a useful facility given the length of adverts in the UK, and allows you to keep an eye on another channel from time to time.

bearjosh
Visitor

Yes I fully agree with you, I and just about every buyer of Sony TV lately say the same. I have had to get hold of an older style remote to get this facility. The TV responds to the previous channel instruction, only the new remotes do not have this button.

Sony should make their  TV's more user friendly. I have been asking for the HOME button functions to come up with the most used items first. Currently the list is the opposite, with for example Analogue/Digital coming up first when there is a  dedicated button for this !!!

A monkey could do a better design job.

David844882
Visitor

Hi, loving my new 32EX723, but wish the record feature allowed me to set a repeat record, so it captures repeat shows with the same name on the same channel.

Cheers

profile.country.fr_CH.title
hb9any
New

When you select "One-touch recording" on my Bravia KDL-55EX725, recording starts immediately, but it stops at the time that the broadcaster has indicated that the programme is expected to finish, instead of continuing until I press "Stop".

On many of the channels that I watch, programmes very often run late, so that the last few minutes of the programme are cut off. This is such a problem that I can hardly believe that there is not an option somewhere to disable the automatic stop, and prevent recording stopping prematurely! But if there isn't such an option, PLEASE introduce it in a firmware upgrade.

Thanks,

Bruce

marcotheboy
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL-32CX523.

Playing movies on an 8GB USB stick is very hit and miss.

When it is formatted as FAT32 it will not play any video file above 2GB.

When it is formatted as exFAT it will play .MP4 above 2GB, but not .AVI above 2GB.

When I cut the .AVI file in VirtualDub into 2 parts (both below 2GB), then they will play.

I have tested this on many video files.

This is a different issue from the non-playable .AVI files which have mp3 audio and non-zero wBitsPerSample (which would be great if you can also fix).

misio4u
Explorer

• Audio only posibility (Screen off, good for music and radio stations)
  • Better Codecs / Container support eg. mkv
  • NTFS disks support
  • 4OD
  • ITV player
  • Netflix