Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
bearjosh
Visitor

I am sorry Catambo, but this is not the full story by any means. The features on my KDL40EX724 are a joke when it comes to the order of items on the HOME button. the first feature is analogue/dligital  when this is directly available on dedicated keys on the remote. The same goes for the program guide.many button presses have to be made to get to the most used features.This is not a question of research and cost but common sense in design. Sony have lost the plot and do not seem to use their products, otherwise this would not have occured.

dedarby13
Visitor

I have a

KDL-40EX503

It is excellent TV but I am really disapponted that I can't access Internet radio stations. Where is Jazz FM, Dinner time jazz etc ? I would love to be able to listen to them on my TV late at night. I would like to be able to select them by genre etc. I have them on my bedroom internet radio which cost me £50!

Catmambo
Contributor

Actually looking into this very topic at the moment :wink:

profile.country.ro_RO.title
dyonissos
Visitor

Well, i guess this is my last Sony TV.

Next one it`s going to be a passive/polarized 3D.

That`s all folks!

bearjosh
Visitor

There are far more important issues to be addressed than receiving radio via  an expensive TV. I would be happy if the existing features were arranged in a logical order  particularly on the HOME button. It seems that Sony are not interested in the existing problem. I suggest that instead of running the TV for radio this person buys another radio, this will also save a lot of power.

profile.country.hr_BA.title
cxManiac
New

I have few suggestions for new updates. Some of them could already been mentioned. So here they are:

1. Use of the round OK, confirm or whatever it's called, button to open the channel list

2. Moving internet widgets closer to the center when you clik the home button, or even using some button on the remote to open widgets. For example it would be great if you could open facebook faster.

3. New internet widgets would be great. For example, I would love to see something like weather forecast, rss news feeds, gmail etc.

4. Separating favourites and history in different lists

5. Last channel watched should be easier to open. Having to click home, and then navigate to favourites is too complicated

6. Recording to network drive. Using network storage or using your laptop's HDD would be great.

7. Not sure if it's only me, but I wasn't able to make some webpage a homepage, so every time I start the internet browser I get the sony's default page... Users should be able to configure their own homepage.

8. USB, or even bluetooth keyboard (the one for google tv looks great)

That's all for now. I hope you will implement some of this.

profile.country.uk_AR.title
fabvigna6
Visitor

Hi,

Just adding my wishlist:

1. Timeshift: it is very frustrating not to be able to go forward/backwards... while on the other hand USB recording is featured. Timseshift feature is available on most competitors, including low-end brands. Difficult to understand.

2. NTFS-formatted USB playback/record... this has been commented a lot in other threads.

3. Mkv playback... if technically possible.

4. Page up/down when dealing with lists in the menu (for instance when listing DLNA videos...). Next/Previous channel buttons could be used for this purpose - in the same way as in Windows media center.

5. Please provide more internet TV channels!

Generally speaking, I think that most of the complains from this community would be solved if Sony would be ready to document and publish its platform specs and provide APIs. This would allow third-party developpers to provide most-wanted features that Sony is not willing to provide out-of-the-box, for reasons of cost/product strategy/commercial agreements.

My 2 cents.

profile.country.bg_BG.title
Skumov
Visitor

Hi, i buy few days ago Bravia KDL-32EX720 and i was VERY disappointed when i saw that this tv doesnt support mkv videos via USB, i've tried to stream with Mezzmo but can't feel the 3d effect. As i understand there's one way to watch 3d movies - to buy blu-ray player + blu-ray recorder to write films on disc. This is very disappointing - REALLY. Many people have this problem and i hope soon we will get an firmware update to be possible to play mkv from usb hdd. To be honest if i can go back i will change with samsung tv (my friend have one and play mkv's from usb) but i can't, its too late. Im sure that lot of customers will choose another brand for this problem. Please do something! THANKS!

profile.country.GB.title
Quick.Response
New

It would be nice if the message about offering to switch to an HD feed on freeview didn't block pretty much the whole picture. It looks like on Samsung TV's it just puts a small question bar up towards the bottom of the screen, allowing you to see if you want to switch. Currently it's hard to decide whether to switch to an HD feed as you can't see what's actually on the channel due to the large box that covers up most of the screen....

Another enhancement that I'd like to see is the option to not put up the message boxes on the screen when powering on the Bravia that warn you (every time) about not to unplug the external USB hard drive when in operation. I think after powering on the TV a couple of times a day for the last 6 months the message about not unplugging the drive has finally sunk in.

Cheers

P.S. Any chance of adding Netflix sometime soon to BIV please?

Message was edited by: Quick.Response

Message was edited by: Quick.Response

TomMal
Visitor

Neflix support.

Shouldn't be that difficult since US versions support Netflix.

Thanks.