Join now - be part of our community!

TZ31WN - VAIO Smart network application stopped working

toon9
Visitor

TZ31WN - VAIO Smart network application stopped working

Hi guys,
New arounds these parts, so be gentle.

My problem is this - the Smart Network apllication that came pre-installed with my VGN-TZ31WN/B is malfunctioning shall we say.

I generally get a message to say something along the lines of it has stopped and windows will let me know when there is a solution.
I think this may have started after I installed the SE Pc Suite so as I coudl use my hpone as a modem an connect to the www whilst mobile.

I am going to try the T-Mobile mobile broadband offer (hopefully this morning) and therefore in an atempt to restore Smart Networking to it's original funtionality, i removed PC Suite.
Now smart network seems to be running, but I cannot get it to "dock" on my desktop as it did orignally.

all does not seem right.
My verison is 1.2.00.11260 and I have foudn a later version, 1.2.01.13070 deep in Sony's website somehwere - but it strictly say it's applicable to a different model altogether, the VGN-NR10E/S.

Is it safe for me to install this "update"? :thinking:

BTW - the search function doesn't seem to be reacting as I expect on this forum - it finds results, butthe links take me back to a thread index....... :thinking:

0 REPLIES 0