Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

SOLVED
Gizzimodo
New

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

Can not scroll back 7 days anymore and ITV 1 Hub keeps asking for postcode even though it has been entered. Are they both connected ? Had a 24 hour power cut at the weekend, not sure if relevant. On scroll back says no information, will scroll back for the current day but not previous days. Says software is upto date - TV is latest Sony 49" . Was working fine on scroll back (never previously watched ITV Hub).

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Im still progressing this with Sony and youview.

I have sent video clips of the issue with the itvhub accepting the post code to both Sony and youview.

Youview support have been the most responsive, latest was a couple of days ago, the believe it to be an itv issue , they need itv to make a change, things are slow because of covid apparently.

Sony sent me a software update link to a version that isn't released yet...no mention of the itvhub problem in the list of problems fixed. So my hopes were not high, I installed it anyway, it made no difference. 

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Here is the link to the software update from Sony.

There might be some other issues that this fixed for you apart from the itvhub issue.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xh90xx_x90xxh_x91xxh_xh92xx-series/kd-55x...

profile.country.GB.title
keithlawley1

Not really surprised it didn't work, Sony seem to be taking a page from Samsung book and issuing any statement just to delay the inevitable.

Don't agree with comment about delay due to Covid, this problem first highlighted in 2017.

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

To still have this issue after 4 years, why isn't this hitting the tech press?

The way I see it, it's quite simple... Sony needs to enable people who do not use an aerial to not install youview and load itv hub BBC iPlayer all4 my5  independently of youview.

profile.country.GB.title
Imraank7
Explorer

Completely agree with @Rayw53 

profile.country.GB.title
monarch16
Explorer

I went into apps but I haven’t got system apps on my Sony Bravia ag9 smart tv just had the software update done

profile.country.GB.title
keithlawley1

Sony are forcing purchasers of this set to sign up to a third party for access to the most basic uses of a TV.

That is to watch national televised broadcasts which are available on nearly every internet based product without restriction.  They have done this to make a financial gain from You-View and persist even to the detriment of some of us who own a set. We should have the right to refuse You-view and tune in as we see fit.

Sony's mess Sony need to clear it up.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi monarch16, try going to Home- Settings- Apps- YouView- Then clear cache and data. And YV service host as well. You then go to YouView and enable it again. These steps have worked for so many people.

profile.country.GB.title
Shibuyablue
Explorer

That suggestion doesn't work for people with more recent models. I fixed the issue completely by simply buying a Firestick, Sony don't seem to be addressing this issue.

Failing that, If buying a Firestick isn't an option for people, another option is to download TV Player as an app and watch ITV that way. You won't have the catchup option, but atleast you'll have access to ITV1 to watch live. 

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

There are lots of ways to work round the issue.

But I really believe it's time Sony and youview and itvhub fix this issue for good.

We should need to resort to work around because we don't use an aerial.

Should we ?