Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

SOLVED
Gizzimodo
New

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

Can not scroll back 7 days anymore and ITV 1 Hub keeps asking for postcode even though it has been entered. Are they both connected ? Had a 24 hour power cut at the weekend, not sure if relevant. On scroll back says no information, will scroll back for the current day but not previous days. Says software is upto date - TV is latest Sony 49" . Was working fine on scroll back (never previously watched ITV Hub).

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
Imraank7
Explorer

Hi 

i cant find that YVServiceHost in the app setting? 

so i went to Home > Settings > App > see all apps (nothing listed there) i also went into “show system app” still couldnt find YVServiceHost so not sure where you referring to?

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

That app doesn't exist on newer TV's, I have a bravia xh90, and I'm still waiting for Sony to come up with a fix for lack of itvhub.

There are 2 solutions out there at the moment that I know of.

1 . Connect an aerial, tune youview stations, then remove aerial.

Doesn't work for me I use satellite. 

2. Sideload the itvhub app after removing youview.

Not sure what that does to warranty etc, so unless don't suggest this to me I'm not doing it.

profile.country.GB.title
Imraank7
Explorer

I dont have an aerial either as i use sky so will have to wait for a fix from Sony.. I guess not an issue at the moment as i use apple tv or sky to for ITV Hub and works fine there but just thought as i have the app on my tv would of been nice to work in one place.

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I agree, I also have other ways of getting to itvhub. But I do think Sony are being a bit *****ty on this issue that affects the people who don't use terrestrial aerial to get TV.

The issue is between Sony and youview. I got to that conclusion by directly emailing Sony support.  After a few back and forth emails they just stopped responding, they know it's their issue to fix with youview, but they don't want a admit it.

I wonder how many Sony customers are stuck with this issue, and using their own work around.

profile.country.GB.title
keithlawley1

My xf9005 was updated to Android 9 some weeks ago. I had hoped this would cure the problem,

sadly not!!

I side loaded ITV along with BBC and Channel 4. Except for ITV each works well, Still get location problem with ITV, i have to use a third party Fire stick to view it which is a joke. My LG TV downloaded all relevant Apps without a problem.

Sony you are loosing credibility because of this connection with You-view.

profile.country.GB.title
Imraank7
Explorer

Yes I agree. I believe if Sony advertising the app it should work as its misleading to have something that don't work. This TV was not cheap and buying high end product you expect to receive that level of service! 
its been a month now since ive had the tv and the only other issue ive had is no sound to apps and i have seen in other discussions that this was due to their new software update, however, the solution to fix it was to turn off the tv unplug from mains leave it for around 20secs and pit it back in, turn on tv and it works!

profile.country.GB.title
davebenny1
Explorer

Brilliant fix, been trying to sort this for last 2 years.

Everything works spot-on now.👍👍

profile.country.GB.title
Imraank7
Explorer

What fix? There was an update few days ago which i have done but ITV still asks for location and after entering this it still dont work!

profile.country.GB.title
davebenny1
Explorer

I had it on TV mode then went to settings (top right corner), scrolled down to Apps then scrolled down right to the bottom of the list which was YV host manager then pressed ok and then cleared cache and data and then everything worked fine ( I'd been into you view's settings and disabled it 1st then re-enabled it and let it retune and set location)

Hope this helps.

Dave.

profile.country.GB.title
keithlawley1

Clearing YV host manager cache when on Android 8 didn't work. Since update to 9 this option isn't even available on my XF9005. I have been in touch with Sony support several times always the same suggestions that do not work.

The last time they lady said why not connect your laptop to the set via HDMI cable to watch ITV. ...Really!!!!

As said on here previously ended up spending another 50 pounds on a fire-stick.

This is a Sony problem with You View, they have entered into a contract for financial gain and now don't care about the customer. Previous sets Samsung and LG no problem at all, Apps just appear as they should.

Wake up Sony you are loosing customer credibility, just make the Apps available.