Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio SZ1/HP - Internal Microphone doesnt work. Help!

TipperTripper
Visitor

Vaio SZ1/HP - Internal Microphone doesnt work. Help!

Hello,

I have a problem with my Vaio SZ1/HP-B. The internal microphone of my notebook doesnt work. I checked the function with the Windows Recording tool and Skype.
I have Windows XP Service Pack 3 installed on my Notebook and the newest Sigmatel Audio Driver. I checked every possible solution in the Audio Menu (Microphone Boost etc.). Nothing worked.
Could somebody please help me?

Thanks!
TipperTripper

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Please, check on Device Manager if the Internal Microphone is correct installed.

Also, check our website to see if the Sigmatel Audio Driver is up-to-date.

TipperTripper
Visitor

Hi,

I cant find an internal microphone in the device manager (where should it be?, "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"?). The Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec is installed correctly and the version is the latest (5.10.5067.0).

Thanks for your help
TipperTripper

itbroker
Visitor

The Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec is installed correctly and the version is the latest (5.10.5067.0).

YES, I agree. 02 questions 4U...

The Internal Microphone stopped working after a specific update ?

IF YES.... Could you perform a recovery point ?

The Microphone is not deactivated in the sounds control manager ?

TipperTripper
Visitor

Hi,

I havent used the mic since I downgraded to WinXp again. I used Vista Business for 9 month but I downgraded to XP because the battery time with Vista was very poor. I remember, that I had the same problem some month after I purchased the notebook (the notebook had WinXP installed at this time also). I sent the notebook to the service the last time, because I thought it is a hardware defect, but the notebook came back and the service told me, that it was a wrong driver and the hardware was ok. So now I am at the same point again I have been some 12 month ago.

Do you have any other idea? Using the recovery wouldnt help I think...and the mic is available and "ON" in the Volume Control.

Thanks a lot for your patience.

TipperTripper

itbroker
Visitor

Now I understood. I agree. Toperform a Recovery Point doesn't help.

I know that exist a specific driver to fix this problem.

I will try to find this drive for you...

Please, check in a feel days here...