Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VIAO VGN-TX2HP with a MAT****A UJ-832D CD/DVD ROM wirll not write to disc

Sqweaky
Visitor

Sony VIAO VGN-TX2HP with a MAT****A UJ-832D CD/DVD ROM wirll not write to disc

I have a Sony VIAO VGN-TX2HP with a MAT****A UJ-832D CD/DVD ROM, it reads all CD/DVDs no problem but I cant burn any discs, it says cant write to disc, this problem only started after i completed a factory reset. I have been told it is the driver, I have uninstall and reinstalled it. There is upgrade firmware for the MAT****A UJ-832D but I cant find any for the VGN-TX2HP, do you have any suggestions please:?????????????

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Sqweaky,

Do you know what Firmware version is installed?

I can only find Version 1.03 on the VGN-S4XP download page.

Which DVD Burning software (Roxio, Nero) have you reinstalled following your factory reset? Your Vaio will need DVD burning software installed - XP can only burn CDs on its own.

Otherwise the outlook is not good. The drive reads both DVD and CD formats and even burns to CD so the lasers are working OK. A replacement drive may be needed.

:slight_frown:

Sqweaky
Visitor

Thanks for the reply,

Ref which firmware i am using, not sure where to look, is it in Device Manager, then the properties of MATSHITA UJ-832D under details, if it is then its 1.61

I have instaled Nero 7, which i have used to record a CDR, DVD failed to record. also have ROXIO which produced the following code:

Px.dll: 2.0.60.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.1.23.0
pxmas.dll: 2.0.60.500
PxWave.dll: 2.0.60.500
PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

thanks