Join now - be part of our community!

Blu-Ray drive on FZ38M

profile.country.en_GB.title
margheor
Visitor

Blu-Ray drive on FZ38M

I just bough and finished installing my FZ38M with basically evrything I had. I created a Vaio recovery disc to start with but I now want to do a full backup. I've read the specs on this model but Sony doesn'y gove any write times for Blu-Ray so i was wondering if this model can actually write to blu-ray or it just reads it?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi martheman,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Your FZ38M can only play Blu-ray Disc's.. :slight_frown:

Optical
CD-ROM (read) : 24 x Speed
CD-R (write) : 8 x Speed
CD-RW (write) : 8 x Speed
DVD-ROM (read) : 8 x Speed
DVD +R (write) : 8 x Speed
DVD +RW (write) 4 x Speed
DVD -R (write) : 8 x Speed
DVD -RW (write) : 4 x Speed
DVD Dual Layer (write) : 2.4 x Speed
BD (read) : 2 x Speed

You can see the specifications for your Vaio using the following link: FZ38M Specifications

profile.country.en_GB.title
margheor
Visitor

If thats the case, does Sony offer an upgrade option for my Latptop model as I know other models in this series have drives that write to Blu-Ray. Can I purchase an upgrade drive to install or to send in my Laptop for an upgrade?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

If thats the case, does Sony offer an upgrade option for my Latptop model as I know other models in this series have drives that write to Blu-Ray. Can I purchase an upgrade drive to install or to send in my Laptop for an upgrade?

No not that I am aware of martheman.. :slight_frown:

You could however purchase an external HDD and something like Acronis True Image 11 to create and store a backup image..

Depending on what you have created a backup of, you could restore your Vaio Operating system, applications, user settings, and all your personal data in the event of a fatal system crash or virus attack to as it was when you created the image..