Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
jamiejamiejamiejamie
Visitor

Hi Catmambo

BBC plans sounds very exciting. You said in early September you were catch up with the other broadcasters in the next week or so.

I was wondering if you had any updates to share? I'm particularly interested in accessing 4OD, and also a better YouTube experience.

Jamie

profile.country.GB.title
ladams888
Explorer

Thought I would just add my 2p.  Got a Bravia KDL-40EX503 last week (as a replacement for the KDL-40W4500 which was displaying the dreaded "patchwork quilt" effect), just received the wifi dongle and am now all connected.  Very impressed with Picasa and iPlayer but can't get the complete catch-up experience until ITV Player and 4OD come on board.  Are there any updates on this happening?

joe912
New

Just thought I'd add my voice to the call for ITV & Channel 4 catch up services on Bravia TV.

Please :slight_smile:

jaspite80
Visitor

Hi Catmambo

I have a KDL-60EX703 is this set old tech? As the iplayer is really poor quality.  Set cost over £2000 less that ten months ago?  Just bought a KDL-40CX523 for the bedroom is this one old tech also?  Really worried about this as this will now be my third Sony fail.  1st being my rear projector 55" that had so much yellow picture staining it had to go.

Many thanks in anticipation

Jason

P.S. Love my PS3 and Alpha camera.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Jason

Thanks for the note - just to separate out the issues. The RPJ TV seems to actually have been faulty whereas the other two devices are working perfectly. iPlayer is delivered in two different ways on the 2010 EX703 and 2011 CX523 which is why you have an HD option on the 2011 device and a High Quality option on the 2010 device. Whilst the menus and way you navigate them is slightly different, the actual picture quality of the shows you are watching should be near identical for SD.

Hope this helps clarify things

iagibso49

Where the hell are ITV Player and 4OD?

We pay premium prices for a brand which is meant to be associated with support, dependency, reliability and premium quality service.

I have a 2010 model TV and there is no excuse for not getting these things implemented.

I could have paid half the price for a TV and got the same level of support. Sony have nose-dived into the gutter.

Batfinkk

Mate, your post is a mish mash of disconnected points. Not sure you have really thought this through...

Can you point me to another TV manufacturer that already has these services, let alone pay half the price for a similar lineup of services??? No exactly.

Why wouldn't Sony want these services on there? It would help sell more TV's no? So the broadcasters are equally if not more to blame as they aren't on any connected TV....

mmmwww
Visitor

Excuse any repetition, but if it is of any help ITV player is available on Freesat.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, no its a fair point. Freesat at the moment is a bit of a funny beast, its not getting as much support from manufacturers as it did previously and doesn't really offer any major benefits over Freeview HD now digital switchover is almost complete.

We haven't made a Freesat TV for a couple of years now and I'd be surprised if we see many other manufacturers offering them as it must be  incredibly costly to support such a low volume UK only product, and mindful of current margins, it may be dropped. Just my thoughts...

Thanks

tysfoot
Visitor

Anyone on here with questions and info about itv player and 4od services on sony bravia tv click on the link below

http://www.facebook.com/groups/179122962121232/