Join now - be part of our community!

Screen mirroring no longer working - Android to KDL-50W815B - Believe issue with FW update to v3.006

Screen mirroring no longer working - Android to KDL-50W815B - Believe issue with FW update to v3.006

Hi

I am not able to screen mirror a new Samsung Tab S5e to my TV (nor any other older devices which had previously worked - see explanation below). 

I know that screen mirroring is possible as I have another identical tablet (same SW versions) which I had used to screen mirror.   Furthermore, as I had successfully used screen mirroring with many other Android devices I believed that the problem must be with the new tablet.

I therefore did a lot of checking and research before spending about an hour on the phone with Samsung tech support going through all sorts of troubleshooting... all without success.

I then tried the following steps which lead me to believe the problem is with the TV FW update in Oct of last year to v3.006

1) To check there was no limit on the number of devices allowed to screen mirror with the TV, I went to the list of allowed devices in the Screen Mirroring and reduced the list from 8 to 4 devices.  Power cycled the TV.  Mirroring was fine with my older (previously paired) devices still on teh allowed list but I still could not mirror from the new tablet.  Concluded there is no device quantity limit.

2) To check if there is a generic pairing issue with Screen Mirroring I then deleted my older Tab S5e tablet and an old Sony Experia Z3 phone from the list of allowed devices leaving 2 devices (an old Samsung Tab S and a Huawei phone). Power cycled the TV.  I found that I could still screen mirror with the 2 devices remaining on the allowed list but could no longer pair my old Sony Z3, nor my older tablet nor still the new tablet.

3) I checked the release dates of the SW which I believe are involved in this:

- Samsung's screen mirroring app is called Smartview.  Current version 7.1.08 released in Aug19

- Sony TV firmware update v3.006 released Oct19

So please can a Sony support engineer take a look at this and see what can be done?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

You can pass your findings to Sony support here.

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

M