Join now - be part of our community!

Removal of VEWD TV Store

Removal of VEWD TV Store

I notice Vewd is going to be removed from my Sony Tv.  Is it going to be replaced with something else? If not how am I to download apps I want/ need??

Tags (1)
155 REPLIES 155
profile.country.SE.title
Fradde
New

Hi, just continuing the post since something went wrong and i coudnt edit the first one...

So, I had + 50 apps in my TV 48w705c SEN applications. For instance Plex etc. Now when connecting to my SEN apps (since a week back) i only get perhaps 10 apps. 

Have anybody else got the same problem? Is there any cut in support from SONY side on this TV?

Thanks for the help!

BR//Fredrik

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Fredrik,

Please read this post for the answer to your question.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
WontBeBuyingSonyAgain
Explorer

For some ammunition there's an extract from a 2014 "Which" article that was linked in another post:

"if the services that you bought the TV specifically to use should disappear – such as an iPlayer or Netflix app no longer being supported – then you may be able to challenge the retailer under the Sale of Goods Act, 1979. This stipulates that a product must be durable and fit for purpose, including any specific purpose for which it was built."

Hope it helps.

profile.country.GB.title
WontBeBuyingSonyAgain
Explorer

For some ammunition there's an extract from a 2014 "Which" article that was linked in another post:

"if the services that you bought the TV specifically to use should disappear – such as an iPlayer or Netflix app no longer being supported – then you may be able to challenge the retailer under the Sale of Goods Act, 1979. This stipulates that a product must be durable and fit for purpose, including any specific purpose for which it was built."

Hope it helps.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
UnhappySonyUser568
Explorer

To update my progress on "fixing" my Smart Tv.

Having emailed Which? Magazine, they have recently replied that they have "forwarded your (my) email on to our (Which?'s) campaigns team".

I would advise all other UK users to contact them with their grievance, see Which?'s contact page here https://www.which.co.uk/about-which/contact-us for details of how to contact them.

Also, I emailed John Lewis, the Head of their Customer Services, who has since replied twice to me to say that first, my complaint was passed on John Lewis' Buying Team, Second, they have now made direct contact with Sony.

I would also suggest people contact the retailer from which they purchased their Sony (now ex-)Smart Tv.

Meanwhile, the last reply from Sony's cut and paste customer service team was:

"Thank you for your patience.

"After investigating further in your case in regards to VEWD application, we can confirm that the software, network services or other products other than software upon which the software’s performance depends might be interrupted or discontinued at the discretion of the suppliers (software suppliers, service suppliers, or Sony).

Sony and such suppliers do not warrant that the software, network services, contents or other products will continue to be available, or will operate without interruption or modification.

"Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

"Thank you for your enquiry."

First, it was not an enquiry, it was a complaint.

Second, I have since learnt that the Sale of Goods Act (1979) has been updated to The Consumer Rights Act 2015 in order to specifically cover Digital products, as well as physical. There is a paragraph that says:

"Fit for Purpose – The product received by the consumer should serve the purpose for which they have been purchased."

I purchased a Smart TV - it is now no longer serving the purpose for which it was purchased.

Hope that is helpful!

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi John,

I suggest you rule out your ISP as a suspect by connecting the TV to a mobile hotspot and refresh the internet content under settings-network and let us know if the apps selection changes.

Cheers,

Tenneen9000

Abhishu
New

There used to be 100.'s os apps but now my app store seems empty. I tried to restore my tc to factory, update, refresh internet content but nth seems to be working.
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Abhishu, 

Welcome to the community. 

I'll try to find some answers for you. Maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas in the meantime though. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Leticia.O
Explorer

I have been expecting the same problem, my model is Bravia KDL 55W955B. I am sure that my WiFi is working as there are a few apps on like YouTube, BBC iplayer, nexfix but the other apps seem to be missing.
profile.country.GB.title
hbproph
Explorer

[Edited by moderator to remove profanity] Sony.. I will not bag for them.
What they did is disgusting..
I will never ever buy any Sony or Sony related product even for a single cent for the rest of my life.
I will ask all of my friends to do the same.
I will write a story and share on Facebook and ask my contacts to share it also.
Will create a group for this also.
After it's done I will teach my sun to do the same and ask him to teach this also to his sun.

Advice everyone to do the same..

Recommend myself

Almost forgot

[Edited by moderator to remove profanity] Sony buy Samsung way better brand