Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with KDL-20S3000

SOLVED
lenjane
Explorer

Problem with KDL-20S3000

Oxford Transmitter.  TV will not pick up all available digital channels, specifically ITV, Channel 4, Film 4. Also, majortiy of non BBC channels break up.  All BBC channels good and pick up BBC Oxford.  Tested aerial on another TV (not Sony) and picks up all channels from that aerial and no channels break up.  Have tried to complete factory reset, but not an option in settings.  Tried tutorial from Sony, but at the stage where you press the TV power button, TV turns off and stays off.  Tested Remote (ED009 supplied with TV) following tutorial from Sony and all works.  So not remote, not aerial, must be TV, but TV used to work fine, all available channels.  Anyone able to help?

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I 'think' the differnce between the 3 and the 5 is the thickness of the copper inside the aerial lead - 0.5mm and .8mm respectively. 

lenjane
Explorer

Thanks, I'm taking the ugly brown cable into a local company and they will make me one up in white - thought that was safest as I will then know I've definitely got the correct cable.