Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

SOLVED
Gizzimodo
New

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

Can not scroll back 7 days anymore and ITV 1 Hub keeps asking for postcode even though it has been entered. Are they both connected ? Had a 24 hour power cut at the weekend, not sure if relevant. On scroll back says no information, will scroll back for the current day but not previous days. Says software is upto date - TV is latest Sony 49" . Was working fine on scroll back (never previously watched ITV Hub).

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I assume you don't have a terrestrial aerial connected, 

The 2 workarounds are...

Connect an aerial, tune the digital stations, then you can disconnect the aerial. Itv 1 through itv hub should then work without the need to enter your postcode.

Workaround 2 involves disabling youview and sideloading itvhub bbciplayer etc. Google it lots of sites showing how to do it.

Good luck, Sony don't see this as a problem for them to fix, even though itvhub people have told me this is only an issue on Sony TV's.

profile.country.GB.title
monarch16
Explorer

I do have a digital aerial it does work
profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Just to add..  for me sideloading the apps works fine except for the ITVHub app which still has the postcode problem.

Rayw53  Have you had a recent response from the ITVHub folks - particular to the official reply you received from Sony 
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Not heard anything from youview, itvhub say that it's not just their problem. Sony youview and itvhub all have a part to play with this issue, so they know what these issues are. He said , I suppose we should enable the itvhub download from playstore on these Sony TV's.

But from what you are saying, 101, that alone might not fix all the issues.

Personally I'm adding reviews wherever I can stating that Sony TV's have this issue that they appear to have zero interest in resolving 🤪

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Daberc , this model doesn't have the option on the settings, did you try tuning with a digital aerial?

profile.country.GB.title
monarch16
Explorer

Yes
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi monarch16, I understand that the issue has been resolved at your side?

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Hi all, just had a message from itvhub people, the problem with itvhub not accepting the postcode has been fixed 😃. See message below.

Hi Ray,
ITV has updated ITV Hub which should include a fix for the issue you were having with the postcode. We've tested it and we're able to enter a postcode and watch content. Can you give this a try and let us know how you get on? The ITV Hub app version should be 1.61.9.
Thanks