Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

SOLVED
Gizzimodo
New

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

Can not scroll back 7 days anymore and ITV 1 Hub keeps asking for postcode even though it has been entered. Are they both connected ? Had a 24 hour power cut at the weekend, not sure if relevant. On scroll back says no information, will scroll back for the current day but not previous days. Says software is upto date - TV is latest Sony 49" . Was working fine on scroll back (never previously watched ITV Hub).

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
monarch16
Explorer

What is the procedure to retune digital channels what do I look for in
settings I have a AG9 smart tv software has just been upgraded thanks
profile.country.GB.title
riwicks42
Explorer

That’s how I resolved mine, done a digital retune and put in my area after tuning and resolved itv issue. Just a case of wrong area I think 

profile.country.GB.title
monarch16
Explorer

I put in my area and it responded with a tick ok itv hub only on itv1catch
up it keeps coming up does not recognise region tried so many times does
not work itv2 to itv5works not itv1
profile.country.GB.title
riwicks42
Explorer

Had same issue, retuned digital channels and set area again. ITV hub worked after this - something do with area change after update I think 👍

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
monarch16
Explorer

Thanks very much just retuned digital channels and has worked well done
thanks once again
profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Hello all,

I am using a KD65A85 (2020) TV and receive my broadcasts via Satellite (mainly Freesat).

I am confused by folks here reporting successful resolution of the ITVHub/ITV1 postcode issue by retuning (presumably for the digital aerial feed) and entering a new postcode. I tried retuning earlier today after plugging a temporary digital aerial as just a retune/replace and also after a factory reset and at no point was asked to enter a postcode either at digital tuning stage or when starting the ITVHub app. When I start the app for the first time I am asked to Sign in, which I did using my ITV account and I have no problem seeing ITV1.

Also, I am unsure if any of this helps those who aren't lucky enough to have a digital aerial to hand (and a decent enough signal) and must rely on a satellite feed, such as FreeSat, to watch TV.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure, this is the reason for at least 3 other threads relating to this very real issue.

Can anyone at Sony and/or YouView shed some light on this.

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I'm still expecting Sony / youview to come back to me on this issue.

I will continue to remind them that the temporary connection of an aerial is not a solution to the itvhub postcode issue, it is a work around that should not be touted as a fix.

And Sony suggesting that this is an issue unique to me is laughable.

They must look at these posts.

Next ploy is to get in contact with someone higher in Sony to see if they are aware of this issue which still persists after 4 years, it's got to be really embarrassing for them, imho.

profile.country.GB.title
monarch16
Explorer

I have sorted out now I retuned the digital channels on my Ariel feed and
now it works perfectly thanks anyway
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

As you know the TV service host app does not exist on 2020 models like the xh90.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Rayw53, I respectfully disagree, I don't see this as a workaround since originally YouView used to work this way, and I don't see anything anywhere saying that should be otherwise. The TV itself doesn't feature a GPS, so it only makes sense to me that you need to tune with a digital aerial since the GPS functions through the internet is not accurate, which might actually be the issue here.