Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XH9296 4K @ 120HZ

profile.country.GB.title
simoncameron87
Explorer

KD-65XH9296 4K @ 120HZ

I’ve read an article over the last few days that the above TV which was sold as being ready for the next gen consoles might not actually be able to cope with the 4K @ 120HZ. It’s apparently something to do with the processor in the XH90/92. I bought the tv in preparation for the PS5 so I’m now wondering if I’ve wasted my money. Anyone with a new console experienced any issues? 

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Which is the source?

profile.country.GB.title
simoncameron87
Explorer

The tv gives you the option of doing it on HDMI 3 and 4. The settings are there to activate it but from reviews it suggest it won’t actually work the way it should.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Again:which Is the review you are referring to?
profile.country.GB.title
simoncameron87
Explorer

Sorry I misunderstood you when you said source. This is the article...

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-s-XH90-TVs-cannot-game-at-true-4K-and-120-Hz.502594.0.html

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Since then a new firmware has been released that fixes most of the "bluriness" on 4k@120fps and another Is rumoured to be released by beginning of next year. So far for an allegedly processor that cannot deal with It. Let alone that already now you have to use lens to see the difference while actually the console are not capable(and won't be) to have the same  video quality on 4k@120fps compared to 4k@60fps

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@simoncameron87 @rooobb  I have recently bought 55XH9096 and I had to enable the 4k 120 fps in any of the HDMI ports (it was not by default). And now PS5 is able to recognise the connection at the high frame rate and 4K.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

I've not experienced this TV myself with PS5 but I've heard it has received a SW update that resolves the issue. Also make sure to choose enhanced format to enable the 120fbs.

I'm not getting 120hz       from ps5     cable straight from ps5 to tv HDMI 4 I think  and all settings as should be    not getting 120hz  and starting to wonder why ? might be the game(s) but it's every game inc. ps5 games .

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@colinarmstrong  could you send us a picture of your HDMI settings for each port? Also, are you using the PS5 HDMI cable?

alexdon