Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.IE.title
dpc4321

Hi, how about party streaming for bravia TV's, we would love this because we got 4 in our house.

ribates84
Explorer

Please make the TV automatically switch to the correct HDMI input even when a device that doesn't support Bravia Sync is switched on.

The TV is obviously aware that this has happened, as only active inputs have an arrow shown next to them in the on-screen 'Inputs' list.

profile.country.en_LT.title
Ignukas
Explorer

I use Serviio since I bought my Bravia TV. It works fine. I just wonder, if Sony has implemented any improvements/enhancements in Sony Homestream compared to original Serviio except re-branding? :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Nyk007
New

- inbuilt wifi, camera, microphone, hard drive

- support for video conferencing software

- ability to record series

- wireless keyboard mouse like we get for some mobile, might wanna check Nokia communicator phone.

- google calendar and email

- ability to watch Internet videos while recording

- news headlines from websites, twitter, Facebook feed at the bottom of any screen without using too much space.

- ability to watch any Streaming channel like Bloomberg.

- ability to rent videos from any website

- better browser

- iTunes

profile.country.GB.title
Nyk007
New

-Motion sensor remote

- messengers

- alarm and alerts

- inbuilt VoIP support and may be a wireless headset and auto mute on tv

- live tv pause rewind/ fwd

- dual feed for watching and recording simultaneously

profile.country.GB.title
Nyk007
New

Can't agree more

etritd
New

i think it would be useful if TV plays a sound (like a ringing tone) when getting a skype call. this way you wouldn't miss a call even if you are not paying full attention to the TV. this might be optional for those who don't want to be disturbed by that sound.

jocardy
Explorer

Please let us know on screen exactly what's changed when you update software remotely. It's a bit of a treasure hunt at the moment.

sabih10001
Visitor

Thank you sony for the media server really apreciate that.

BUT TWO MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES ARE STILL MISSING:

1) Please give dts support. every other brand samsung, lg etc are giving dts decoder support. why not sony??

sony tv can be easily updated with dts support via software update.

2) Please give a search option in the subscribed channels of youtube. I have subscribed to a channel having more than 7000 videos how can i browse those videos???? you think i m an idiot going down 7000 times???

Thanks.

profile.country.de_DE.title
jeffreyschevitz
Visitor

I, too, would like to have flash player installed.  Both www.democracynow.org and mubi.com(latest film festivals) require flash player.