Join now - be part of our community!

HOW CAN I INSTALL FLASH PLAYER ONTO MY SONY BRAVIA TV?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
THEPAULPARRY
Visitor

HOW CAN I INSTALL FLASH PLAYER ONTO MY SONY BRAVIA TV?

Just bought a new sony bravia tv but I am unable to install flash player. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi THEPAULPARRY,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

The browser on your Bravia does not support Adobe flash content..

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi THEPAULPARRY,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

The browser on your Bravia does not support Adobe flash content..

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Hi everybody,

I am back again.

Answer

There is no option to install Adobe flash player in Bravia, but You realy do not needed. It is message from server him self.

You can whatch You Tube on Bravia Internet Video option but not in browser option...ok?

So just ignore it.

Regards

Damac

:slight_smile:

volatileangel
Visitor

SONY should be sued for false advertising, it is not "Internet TV" if one of the most basic functions and tools used across the internet is not supported.

I feel totally conned by SONY after buying my Bravia, and I am contemplating sending it back if I can find an alternative that does support Flash.

I might send it back anyway as I had my Mac hooked up to my old TV and it turns out that was just as good as this.

I guess the whole idea of "Internet TV" is actually dead in the water, because it seems I can do more on my cheap phone than I can on my Bravia!

If anyone comes here looking for advice on an Internet TV, don't bother with SONY, they don't seem to understand how 90% of the Internet actually works.

As for the other features, there's nothing the Bravia does that I can't do on a Mac or PC hooked up to my standard TV. I could connect my 5 year old laptop to my TV and have more than the Bravia offers.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Flash on TV's has been dead for months now - http://gigaom.com/video/flash-tv-future/ and there are very few TV's that actually support it anyway as it places very heavy demands on the processors. Steve Jobs was right on his flash analogy here.

Smart/Internet TV growth for the last year has been very high and expected to grow further as many consumers prefer the simplicity of navigating video services on a big screen using a remote control. Of course some people may prefer to do this on their laptop. In terms of availability of video services, they do have a way to go, but these are the very early days and not all broadcasters are yet willing to develop services for them.

Thanks

nikkilim
Visitor

Hi Thalamus. Are there any work around on this? Maybe like a firmware upgrade or any chance of installing something for us to view movie clips online?  https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Message was edited by: nikkilim

Message was edited by: nikkilim

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

nikkilim wrote:

Hi Thalamus. Are there any work around on this? Maybe like a firmware upgrade or any chance of installing something for us to view movie clips online?  https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

No there is not a firmware update that will allow for flash content to be played via the Bravia's browser..

ansnoxa
Visitor

Too right. Flash is a major standard on Internet. Sony gets it wrong over. And over again. I am so angry to have bought this stupidly difficult to navigate, non compliant piece of garbage on which I cannot access TED, or YouTube. I will never buy another Sony product. Ever.

ansnoxa
Visitor

Im sorry, how do i watch TED videos again?

gofrost

sony tv's are dlna compliant windows 7supports dlna there are apps that can access ted streams and watch on tv who needs flash in this case