Join now - be part of our community!

Vista: Can't Find Solutions for Problems

diogosales
Visitor

Vista: Can't Find Solutions for Problems

hi all

I'me having this issue since I bought my VGN-C2Z/B almost an year ago. Sometimes things go wrong on my Windows Vista, and the sadly-often-to-appear "Found a solution to the problem" balloon pops out from the tray. As I click the balloon and try to check the solution out, a window comes up saying there is no solution in my language (i've set my vista language to Portuguese), and there's a link to the English solution. BUT, when I click that link, a Page Not Found error occurs.

EVERY problem that Vista says (hey, i've got the right fix for it!) is NEVER localized, has ALWAYS an "English" link for it, and the Page Not Found ALWAYS occurs. I thought it might be something that I did before, but I just ran a full recovery of my Vaio to factory settings, and the problem remains. And I can't find anybody else with this problem.

Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

Diogo

2 REPLIES 2
diogosales
Visitor

At my language-specific forum I found another guy with the same issue, also unresolved. Could this be specific to the Portuguese version? Any feedback would be apreciated.

Thanks again

diogosales
Visitor

Well, it's been a while...
In case someone ever wonders, It was a bug for localized (some?) windows vista versions. Got fixed with SP1.