Join now - be part of our community!

drivers win xp for AR41E

Ariochk
Visitor

drivers win xp for AR41E

In first place sorry for my poor level of English, I´ll try to explain myself as good as i can.

I've an AR41E and I'd like to install a win xp, but I don't know if there is any compatible driver for win xp. Or if there is another laptot with compatible drivers... or something like that.

Thanks for the help, and sorry again.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ariochk and welcome.

You will need the Original XP Drivers and Utilities for the VGN-AR21S which was released with XP installed. Keep your existing Camera Driver which works with XP and Vista.

VGN-AR21S Drivers and Utilities

Have a look at this excellent thread by costasp about installing XP on his AR31M - the method will be the same for your AR41E: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=41647

Hope this helps.

:wink:

loab57
Visitor

I have installed xp in my vaio but I have had some problems of driver. after that I have riinstallato the sight and I am very well me hi.

Ariochk
Visitor

I´m so grateful for the help, I've installed each component without any difficult but audio... I've tried to follow the instructions on Ar51 audio post, but nothing seems to work properly, and audio driver of ar21 doesn't work too.

The microsoft patches 888111 835231 helps to find sigmatel device, but when i try to install, says that sthda.sys file is needed, and i have no way to find it...

If there are someone with the same problem, i beg you to help me.

Thanks again for the help.

Peace.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ariochk,

Just install ONE of the UAA High Definition drivers - KB835231.EXE is installed on the AR21 so I would Uninstall KB888111.

If you have downloaded the Original Drivers Package for the AR21, right-click on it and choose "Extract ALL" and choose to extract to C:\. This will create a directory C:\Drivers.

To install just double-click on C:\Drivers\Audio\Setup.EXE

sthda.sys is included in the download at C:\Drivers\Audio\WDM\STHDA.SYS

:thinking: