Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
Dave-in-Leicester
Visitor

Recently bought a BDS570 Blu-ray player and thought I should compliment the guys & girls at Sony for doing such a great job linking up with BBC I-Player.

However, just like everyone else in the UK who's got a Sony product with Bravia Intenret I'm wondering we're going to be able to enjoy ITV Player and Channel4 on Demand.

Any firm dates for these services yet ?

iagibso49

The technology involved in streaming ITV player and C4OD is not exactly rocket science. I would hope that those clever people at Sony could work out a speedy solution to implementing these 2 channels.

Lurrys
New

Why the delay for ITV Player on the Bravia's when it's already on the PS3?????????

Don't tell me it's penny pinching by ITV like when they reduced the text service to adverts, not that it was so wonderful in the first place.

Even an estimated launch date would be nice from Sony.

Very disappointed. :smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

tysfoot
Visitor

Join the facebook group

"COME ON SONY, when is ITV Player and 4OD coming to Sony Bravia Internet TVs"

lets put pressure on sony because they are providing no indication when these two services will be avaliable

Catmambo
Contributor

Cleaned out the duplicate threads so as to make it easier for people to search and find one thread.

As I think I mentioned, commerical confidentiality restricts what we can and can't say in advance of any announcements, but rest assured, we'll make sure this thread is updated as soon as we have any news.
Sorry we cant be more specific at the moment but as Lee mentioned above, we want to launch them as soon as we are in a position to.

Thanks

gadgetgirl72
Visitor

Facebook group as follows "COME ON SONY, when is ITV Player and 4OD coming to Sony Bravia Internet

TVs"

I Found this information
on http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1411455

"ITV Player is due on the Sony 2010 and on Blu-Ray players around the 20th January 2011 and on the Bravia TV's at the end of February 2011.

C4 on Demand approx 6 weeks later in both cases.

Allow an allowane of an extra two weeks for problems found during Beta testsing. At the moment no show stoppers have been found.

eddie"

This has come from a member called "drumtochty"
I dont have a didgitalspy account to email this guy, might set onw up and send him an email because from this he may have some answers

As for the Channel 5, they might be doing some improvements on it, i cant see them taking it off when there is a dozen other apps that are pointlesss

If anyone knows of an email address of who to contact (Sony) send them a link to this group because i think they need to be made aware that people want answers, ive been looking but cant find the right department
matcook2000
New

yet we still wait...

SPENGLES
Visitor

Absolutely support everything that's been said.  Come on Sony - I bought my telly from one of your stores on the strength of the internet telly.  4OD and ITV player would be great.

lyegrove
Visitor

Don't hold your breath. The Sony rep in John Lewis yesterday told me they weren't planning to introduce 4od as it was always available via the youtube widget... well that doesn't work on my kit.  I'm dissapointed that the children can catch up on C4 and ITV using a PS3 but my £1000 tv isn't up to the job.

iagibso49

And why on earth on my £1000 HD TV can't I access the BBC iPlayer HD channel?