Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-43WF663

profile.country.GB.title
garylock1963
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-43WF663

Since a software update about two weeks ago, I am now unable to access YouTube, Netflix and other apps. The only way to get round this is by switching my TV off at the wall, waiting a couple of minutes, plugging it back in and I can then access all internet-based stuff. I have to do this on a daily basis now which I should not have to do. On checking network settings before the reset it says:

Connection Results

Wireless Device on TV - Not Accessible

Local Access - Failed

Internet Access - Failed

All My other devices are connected to the internet without a problem.
I have also done a factory reset which made no difference.

I notice that there are several other posts who are having the exact same problem.

I went on live chat but they failed to give me a solution only a firmware update.

Anybody got any ideas? Is it the TV?

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
rosilew
Explorer

Don’t hold your breath then!! Good luck 😉

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Tintack500
Explorer

I've had exactly the same problem and was completely fed up with trying to resolve the issue every time I turned on the TV. It takes time to resolve everyday and I shouldn't have to put up with that inconvenience on a new TV. I've never had any problems with my Samsung Smart TV. When it worked I was happy with the TV. I have now permanently solved my problem. I've not had it for more than 30 days and the retailer is arranging for its collection and giving me a full refund. I now have to choose another TV. Sony? Definitely not.

profile.country.GB.title
Tintack500
Explorer

I tried the fix recomended by Tom at smartaerials.co.uk using the link given by Rosi. I logged into my router from my desktop PC and changed the LAN setting to IPv6/IPv4 in the settings. I then rebooted and reset my internet connection on my TV. Fingers crossed but this seems to have solved the problem for now and I've had over 36 hours without disconnection or losing access to YouTube and the other apps. I am going to give it a try over the next few days because I complained to the retailer who is collecting my TV next week because I told them I was not happy being so frustrated by this issue. They promised to refund my payment because I've only had the TV for 18 days. If this continues to work as a permanent solution I will cancel the return of my TV  https://www.smartaerials.co.uk/blog/sony-smart-tv-keeps-loosing-internet-connection  

Sony's technical support has been no support at all and most of their recomendations, such as resetting the TV, were only temporary fixes leading to more frustration. 

profile.country.GB.title
rosilew
Explorer

H8 Tintack500 Thanks for the feedback, glad I could help out, It is very frustrating, fingers crossed 

profile.country.GB.title
kcornwall

Firmware V8.585  fixes this long standing problem.

I downloaded the firmware onto a USB stick.

Carried out the update.

I did need to do a complete factory reset after this...as the firmware alone did not do the trick.

Hope this helps somebody.

I must have sent 25 emails to Sony & it got me no farther, no mention of an upgrade on the way.

Cheers Keith