Join now - be part of our community!

Smart TV receiving problem

kfoto48
Explorer

Smart TV receiving problem

I purchased a Smart TV model KDL-40W705C in October 2015 to upgrade from my KDL-32W5500.  I wanted obviously full HD and streaming apps.   Two weeks ago the picture started freezing on either Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iplayer or Demand5 and it has now become a regular problem. Thinking it was a broadband issue I would check using a speedtest on my PC  and invariably it would be 60Mbs.  So I knew that this was not the problem. Each time I have returned to the home screen only to see virtually all the apps gone.  I then go to settings/network and go to refresh internet content and it states there is no internet.  Is this a fault of the set which needs addressing or a server issue.  I am in England.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Oops, clicked the 'me too' button.

From what i can tell, you have connected the tv to your router via wifi.  Can you try plugging an ethernet (lan) cable from your router to the tv and test?  Just trying to rule out a wifi issue, which is more than likely the cause to be honest.

Cheers

kfoto48
Explorer

Thanks for the idea, but it is not a WiFi problem.  I say this because I can use my laptop and Android tablet accessing say BBC iplayer in the same location as the TV without any problems.

I have now overcome the problem by doing a factory reset and disabling  WiFi on the TV.  So the TV is not Smart anymore.  I have bought an Amazon Fire Stick to use instead and it is absolutely brilliant.  All apps are in 1080p HD.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, at least you have a work-around.  I would still test using a cable anyhow.  Reason i say this is that my mum used to use her TV via wifi, but it appears that for the tv to work correctly, it needed a stronger signal than her laptop.  Taking into account of electro interferrence if you have a lot of electronic equipement around the tv also doesnt help.