Word nu lid en maak deel uit van onze community!

(KDL 32 CX520) I want headphone AND TV speakers working together

OPGELOST
profile.country.GB.title
bwriter
Ontdekker

(KDL 32 CX520) I want headphone AND TV speakers working together

I have Sennheiser HDR130 wireless headphones working with a TR130 base/charger. With my old TV, a JVC, I could listen via headphones while my wife listened via the in-built speakers. I am unable to get the Bravis (KDL 32 CX 520) to do that. Annoyingly, the TV speakers are cut off when a jack is inserted in the Headphone out socket.

I've tried to tap into the sound output phono (RCA) sockets but no audio is available.

I bought a SCART to Audio converter and tried that. Still no audio.

I could whip off the back cover and fit a small bypass switch to the headphone socket (why, oh why didn't Sony think of this?) but that would invalidate the warranty. If all else fails I may try modifying the audio jack plug so that it fails to break the internal speaker feed. Again, that would be after the warranty expires.

What, if anything can I do?

Since I desperately need this to work, I really hope there is a solution to my problem. Or am I going to dearly regret buying a Sony Bravia TV?

Please no I do not own, nor do I want, a home cinema outfit or external amp/speaker unit.

1 GEACCEPTEERDE OPLOSSING

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
profile.country.en_GB.title
Lamby1984
Bezoeker

Hello,

It sounds like you need to change the audio output setting on the television.

Please try the following:

• When using an external audio system, audio out of the TV can be controlled using the TV’s remote.
  • To output the sound from the connected audio system, press HOME, then select [Settings] → [Sound] → [Headphone/Audio Out] → [Audio Out].

Kind regards

Bekijk de oplossing in de community in het oorspronkelijke bericht

6 ANTWOORDEN 6
Lamby1984
Bezoeker

Hello,

It sounds like you need to change the audio output setting on the television.

Please try the following:

• When using an external audio system, audio out of the TV can be controlled using the TV’s remote.
  • To output the sound from the connected audio system, press HOME, then select [Settings] → [Sound] → [Headphone/Audio Out] → [Audio Out].

Kind regards

profile.country.fr_CH.title
hb9any
Nieuw

I use wireless headphones with the base/charger connected to the headphone jack socket of my KDL-55 EX 725. With the "Headphone" option selected in "Headphone/Audio Out", and "Headphone Speaker Link" set to "Off", the internal speakers are not cut off by the insertion of the jack.

The remote controls the audio output level from the internal speakers, while I adjust the headphone volume by the control on the headphones themselves. When the Mute switch on the remote is pressed, it cuts off both the internal speakers and the headphones.

Cheers,

Bruce

profile.country.GB.title
bwriter
Ontdekker

Yeeeeehah! Well done, you guys. All working perfectly now. I just wish things like this were easier to find in the documentation. Now I have yet another good reason to watch Countdown tonight.

Thank you, thank you.

TimchMarshall
Bezoeker

Bruce, Glad to know you can do it but I have KDL 32EX301 and do not have those options on the menu so it won't work.   Why can't they make most of the model swork the same?  Sony suggested connecting to the phono output but even when I change the menu to AUdio out I get nothing to the headphones.  I may have to resort to the suggestion of modifying the headphone socket and s*d the guarantee

Message was edited by: TimchMarshall

Message was edited by: TimchMarshall

DragonPip
Ontdekker

Finally got lanmy1984 instructions to work.  Would really help if they had a dual setting so it easier to understand

profile.country.GB.title
kedavie45
Lid

I got  A splitter on E Bay to Run my wirless sub woofer and h/phones