Join now - be part of our community!

SONY KD-55A1 oled tv has become discoloured

profile.country.GB.title
destroyer8uk
Explorer

SONY KD-55A1 oled tv has become discoloured

Over the last few months my wall mounted SONY KD-55A1 oled tv has become discoloured in the centre of the panel all reds have a purple hue, yellows look green and white areas have a blue hue, but the outer areas around the panel are ok, the size of the affected area is approx. 600mm vertically and 500mm horizontally this area is directly in line with the folded power board.  The colours got even worse when I was requested to do a panel refresh, this tv is out of warranty and when I purchased it over 20 months ago I paid nearly £2000. For the last 30 all my electrical entertainment products have been high end Sony of which I have recommended to family and friends but this purchase though the most expensive is a massive let down.  The thing is what can I do to fix this issue I have tried unplugging and resetting to no avail and the centre of the panel  is extremely hot.  Any advice is most welcome.

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there, 

Welcome to the community.

If your TV screen is very hot we would recommend you contact Sony support here for advice.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
destroyer8uk
Explorer

Thanks EdwinaU i will do that.

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkinlove36

Hi I have the same issue on my 9 month old TV. 

Did you get a resolution from Sony?

Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

That issue was a specific problem in a batch production of LG display OLED in 2017, which can't be the case of your 9 month old tv, which tv do you have and can you share a picture of the problem?

profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkinlove36

Hi. It's the KD-55AF9 series. Bought from Curry's. 

IMG_20200518_131128.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkinlove36

IMG_20200518_130913.jpg

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry, but since I don't now how should appear it is not easy to understand: may be is better if you use reference one color background images (you can find them easily on youtube)...

profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkinlove36

Hi thanks for the response. If you look at the centre of the image, especially on the TV guide you can see the pink turns more purple. I also get it with yellows turning green. 

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkinlove36

I also forgot to mention the centre of the screen is Very hot compared to the outer section of the screen. 

Regards