Join now - be part of our community!

Sony AG9 55" Faulty

profile.country.GB.title
Sam-UK
New

Sony AG9 55" Faulty

Hi All,

I wanted to share my experience on this platform as I thought it would be appropriate, this is in regards to my purchase of Sony's latest OLED TV.  (KD55AG9BU)

I purchased the 55" model from Sony around Black Friday after reading several positive reviews and unfortunately I was faced with a few issues from day one. The WIFI stopped working every other day and was unable to connect to hotspot.

I have spoken with Sony Customer Support (case number 19318916) several times in regards to this fault and they have gone through many troubleshoots but to no avail.  The last I heard from Sony Customer Support was that they have escalated my case and that I should be hearing back from them shortly. I never did.

And from yesterday the TV kept powering it self off and on. I basically cannot watch any TV without this happening. You also sometimes hear a long beep sound before this happens. I have to take out the power from the mains otherwise it keeps on doing this.

This is my first TV by Sony and I am somewhat regretting this purchase as I usually go with Panasonic.

I also read on here somebody else also experiencing a similar fault with this TV.  Maybe there has been a bad batch, I don't know.

Their Customer Support department is closed being Christmas day so I will have to call them first thing tomorrow but I have lost all faith in their service. Most likely they will have to create a new case as this is a different fault with the powering on and off of the TV. 

I just find all of this extremely frustrating as already a lof of time has been spent trying to fix the first issue with no resolve.

I will keep you guys updated if there are any further developments...

Sam

2 REPLIES 2
RobbBobb9
New

I've had some problems with my AG9 too. It's specifically with HDMI port 1 which has constant interference problems, or no picture at all. I've carried out a full factory reset, disconnected and reconnected all external devices as well I've tried the connected devices to other ports which work correctly. I've also noticed that the Google app spontaneously turns itself on when we're watching a programme (remote nowhere near where we're sitting and mobile phones no near us either). It's a bit annoying with a top line product, but Currys where I've bought arranged for a replacement under their 30 day plan, but the second unit has exactly the same fault which I'm going to have to get replaced too...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@RobbBobb9 do you know that your TV has a mic also on the set not only on the remote?