Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control intermittently working but infrequently.

profile.country.GB.title
Smeg.Head
Explorer

Remote control intermittently working but infrequently.

For the last week or so my TV isn't responding to the remote control. Occasionally it will work to turn the TV on (I still try it) and sometimes it will start working after the TV has been on for a while, but it's infrequent. I know the remote works because I've tried it on a different TV and it works. There's nothing in front of the TV (it's wall mounted), batteries are fine. Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Smeg.Head
Explorer

I phoned one in London this afternoon whose hours are 10:00 until 14:00 now, phoned another who are the wrong side of London for me and wouldn't come out this far, but they did say it'd be around £100 including the part and labour, too much to shed out on a TV that might fail again with something else I think?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Smeg.Head, is your TV out of warranty already?

profile.country.GB.title
Smeg.Head
Explorer

Hi. The TV was out of warranty as it was a replacement for a previous warranty claim.

If anyone else comes across this I've fixed it by replacing the IR sensor, I actually replaced it twice as an eBay seller told me the part he was selling would work, it didn't (I also replaced the main board as I thought it might be that). I bought the correct part from a seller in Spain and it all works