Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

SOLVED
Gizzimodo
New

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

Can not scroll back 7 days anymore and ITV 1 Hub keeps asking for postcode even though it has been entered. Are they both connected ? Had a 24 hour power cut at the weekend, not sure if relevant. On scroll back says no information, will scroll back for the current day but not previous days. Says software is upto date - TV is latest Sony 49" . Was working fine on scroll back (never previously watched ITV Hub).

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
keithlawley1

It's sad that a worldwide renowned company such as Sony has to rely on people offering the same clear YV service host cache and data that are not even available on our TVs after update and didn't work when they were.

I had to go down the Firestick route at extra cost to myself to watch the most basic of TV channels.

Why is it they just can't release the Apps to be available to download good picture but not worth the effort.

Guess its back to  LG, for my next set never a problem with them.

profile.country.GB.title
monarch16
Explorer

Thanks for the information I have tried that still comes up with does not
recognise your location put in my post code recognise a it still does not
work I can get itv2 on catch up not itv1 it was working perfectly until the
software upgrade thanks anyway for your help
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Thought some might like this response from Sony support that I have just received.

I suggested that Sony need to get a move on and fix this issue as it's been going on since 2017.

Enjoy 😂

Dear Mr. Wheeler,
Thank you for your recent reply.

We appreciate that you are raising this concern, however, we would like to highlight that even if this is a repetitive issue with many models, it is still unique and different on your TV as it has been already resolved with many other customers by the latest update or other steps. Rest assured that we are doing our best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Hanan

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Really? 

I can tell you that it's not fixed on my KD-65A85  bought last November and updated very recently with latest firmware.

profile.country.GB.title
riwicks42
Explorer

Same issue with itv hub, no YVservice in system apps ?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi monarch16 , do you have a digital aerial? I've read on other platforms that YouView might revert back to the old school method where you have to tune to get the catch up services 😞 If you do try tuning and let us know if it worked.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi room_101, did you try the other steps? unplugging the TV, tuning, factory reset, etc?

profile.country.GB.title
monarch16
Explorer

I have tried everything except factory reset I am frightened to do that
because I am not technical minded but I should not have to do that the tv
cost me £1900 it is a absolutely disgrace I have a Sony 24inc in my
bedroom with Apple TV no problem with that I will end up buying a fire
stick thanks for your help
profile.country.GB.title
riwicks42
Explorer

Sorted, retuned digital channels - gave me two areas to choose from after retune. ITV hub seems fine now 

profile.country.GB.title
keithlawley1

Actually monarch16 you have received  no help at all!! £1900 and the set cannot even view a national broadcaster.. People keep answering saying pull the plug out or some other fanciful remedy.

The lack of care/interest shown by Sony is damming.

Reminds me of a major problem with Samsung that people were fighting for around 2 years, myself included.

If anyone would like to read from Samsung Community page and the outcome some of us had use the link below

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/apps-storage-space-issue/td-p/808085

Together we may find a way to make Sony listen..