Join now - be part of our community!

NETFLIX problem

profile.country.GB.title
COLINH34
Explorer

NETFLIX problem

Hi Everyone

Can someone help with a Netflix problem we have on our Sony Android KD-43XH8096 TV. This problem started about 6-9 months ago. Everytime we click on the Netflix app it seems to only partially load and then locks up. The only way to get it going everytime is to exit the app and then perform a "Forced stop" to get it to load correctly. We have tried clearing data and cache with no results. We cannot uninstall it, as it seems to be an "embedded" app. Did manage to uninstall updates but worked the once then had to revert back to doing "Forced Stops". All other apps Prime/ Apple etc work perfectly.

Is there anything I can do to make Netflix load correctly?

Many Thanks

Colin

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@COLINH34 

Factory Reset the TV.

Check it is on the latest release of software, and update it if not.

I do not usually or lightly recommend Factory Resets, but for Sony TVs I make an exception to this rule 😢

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
COLINH34
Explorer

Many thanks for suggestion. Forgot to put in my problem above, that in desperation we did try a full reset. It was a lot of hassle loading all the apps/passwords etc back on - but it did not help and we were back doing the "Force stop" routine to load Netflix. Again - appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks

Colin