Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Kuschelmonschter wrote:

Currently downloading 3.925...

Meh.. Not with v6.2671. It isn't fair.. :smile:

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Is it possible that this is still 6.0.1 update :rage:

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

As already written, yes it is still Marshmallow.

You shouldn't expect Nougat for ATV1 this year. I assume it will be the same sorry game as with the Marshmallow update.

Nice find! Thanks. @Quinnicus stated that there won't be another Marshmallow based FW. That's already a first sign that Nougat for ATV1 won't be available this year.

profile.country.GB.title
Frago21ps
Explorer

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5crcatpnpmd6cci

This is for Nougat, is an adb command that will debloat ur tv with the un needed apps and u will have 100 mb more free ram, to use it enable adb from developers options and find ur ip tv, then just run the batch files 

profile.country.GB.title
iOllivier

can you explain the de-bloat process in more detail?

I have:

1] unzipped the folder.

2] selected in my tv debug menu debug adb ON

3] ran adb.exe

4] ran first (0-Connect-tv.bat) batch file

5] entered my tv IP local address

.. all other files returns the same response

then I get - abt is not recognised as an internal or external command

profile.country.GB.title
iOllivier

Sorry .. got it

Forgot the batch files needed to be run directly from the folder path in CMD

The Cmd-here did not go to the given path as it was in the virtual machine environment folder on my Mac

Once changed the directory via CD to the right folder path all went smooth.

That is really cool mod

Thx

profile.country.GB.title
Frago21ps
Explorer

This is a better mod cause ir will delete more files =more internal space for apps

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I suggest everybody to look through the list first. Not everybody wants recommendations, Wi-Fi Direct (e.g. used for screen mirroring) or the interactive stuff (HbbTV?) to be removed.

I am also not sure whether several stock services/apps depend on other things and how the system reacts when they are gone. So hopefully it is still fully functional afterwards. I don't see any possibility to restore the system. Factory resetting won't do the trick I suppose.

I also wonder what some of the apps in the list actually do, like for example bleadvertiseservice (assume Bluetooth LE?), bravialifehack or netflixmanager.

100MB is IMHO not worth the effort and danger. Primary motivation for me is to make this flaky system faster. Disabling stuff should do the trick.

profile.country.GB.title
Frago21ps
Explorer

With factory reset every app will be re installed, also i spend a few hours to make sure everything will work so don't worry