Join now - be part of our community!

AG9 Android Pie EPG/Guide issues

profile.country.HU.title
Gabor_23
Explorer

AG9 Android Pie EPG/Guide issues

Hi There,

Actually I have a brand new AG9 which had Oreo originally.

On Oreo the EPG was like heaven for many hours forward. 
Since updated to Pie the EPG is showing “No available information” for most of the channels and this is not changing/‘refreshing’ over time.

Sometimes switching to a channel the actual program gets the info but the ‘next’ still unavailable.

Did ‘restore’, setup channels again and again...

Is there anybody who has the same or any idea what the problem can be?

My first idea was that this could be an issue with the new FW due to the fact that previously was perfect.

Sony? Any words?

( Location: Hungary;

Provider: UPC - cable;

Decode: CI+ card in TVs slot )

Thanks,

Gabor

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Epg data is filled by the broadcaster. Better check with them why they are not providing the info.

profile.country.HU.title
Gabor_23
Explorer

Nothing to do with the broadcaster.

The Pie FW is a . In more ways.

Oreo:

01FFA231-4FC9-46D9-A824-C63E8057DBAA.jpeg

Pie:

4AF41FEB-0F58-4821-A39A-40D782EAB480.jpeg

In the mean time WIFI drops and lacks in operation  every 3-4 days after update - only solution if I cold start the set. FW dropped in visual operation smoothness...

Why I cannot reinstall the complete Pie FW again to be sure the update finished as it had to? Maybe there was some mistake during the WIFI update..but I have started to feel the mistake was the accepted warranty change from my AF9 to AG9 (due to a panel/picture deffect)...AF9 was way more better.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just saw a note from Sony support that Engineers are working on a problem on EPG data on fw package pkg6.3598.0516eua (btw is the same for AF9 and AG9). So you should wait for a feedback on it and a possible fix

profile.country.HU.title
Gabor_23
Explorer

Sounds great.

This is almost 100% sure for me that related to FW. 

Hope other issues/bugs ( like wifi drops, smoothness ... ) also will be fixed soon with that same new FW.

Thanks for the efforts ‘rooobb’.

profile.country.IE.title
Sylviaf
Explorer

Is this same epg for A8.. I have epg problem too.