Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 just stopped working

Shmon
Visitor

Xperia 10 just stopped working

I have a less than 36hour old Xperia 10 which has just stopped working. It was on around 95% battery life. I used the calculator, put it in my pocket, took it back out and it was not working. I've tried the forced reset and 2 minute forced reset to no avail. When I plug it in to charge the led blinks red then red then yellow very quickly immediately after over and over. When I try to power it on it flashes green and red. Can anyone help?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
backpackergt
Visitor

Mine too, was using it last night, just facebook, about 50% charge and it just went blank and wouldn't reboot, it is 8 days old.

Tried all the Sony advice from the web including re installing the software but it does the same blinking red light then green and screen keeps back lighting then going off.

This is probably my last Sony phone now after a previous 7. It's on Virgin which are fantastic until something stops working and you need help....then they are hopeless. Doesn't seem to be much info around for a fix.

Shmon
Visitor

Funny enough I'm also on virgin and I too have found their customer care to be a joke! I've sent it back to them now, after a challenging call with one of their reps, who couldn't seem to understand that I couldn't remove the security lock because I couldn't turn it on! I really am at my wits end with them!

pressefr
Contributor

@Shmon wrote:

Funny enough I'm also on virgin and I too have found their customer care to be a joke! I've sent it back to them now, after a challenging call with one of their reps, who couldn't seem to understand that I couldn't remove the security lock because I couldn't turn it on! I really am at my wits end with them!

They should have the developers be the support, not some poor kid that just wants a job.

Since Sony silos departments; they should take in the customer support par issue.