Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Scratches and Dust

Ram131
Visitor

Screen Scratches and Dust

After a month of use, a lot of nail scratches appeared, I treat the screen very carefully, nevertheless, a lot of scratches appeared very quickly. I do not like to use safety glasses, this is not for me. But I would like the glass to be of higher quality. In addition, dust and dirt are very strongly clogged in the gap between the glass and the body; it is almost impossible to clean it from there.

3 REPLIES 3
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Ram131, I am sorry to hear about this.

If the display on your phone has been damaged to the extent that scratches or cracks has appeared, I would suggest that you contact your local support team in order to have your phone sent to an authorized service center to be examined and possibly repaired.

If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Let me know how it goes!

Ram131
Visitor

@Martin Thanks for the answer. There are no cracks, there are a lot of micro scratches, they can be seen when the screen is off at a certain angle of illumination. I thought that this fifth-generation glass is more scratch-resistant. I see no point in contacting the service. 

And the gap between the screen and the case is not dense enough, dust and various kinds of dirt are constantly clogged there. 

AndyCalling
Visitor

It doesn't sound like your glass was scratched at all. Just sounds like light marks in the oliophobic coating (a common issue). It doesn't matter how tough the glass is, the coating will remain as it has always been. Vulnerable. You may want to consider one of the Sony folding cases for these phones. They effectively protect the screen from both dust and scratches whilst in your pocket. They are also 'smart' covers which wake ans sleep your phone on opening/closing. Very good cases, I would recommend the Sony original cases over third party cases for the smart case feature alone.

If you decide to put a tempered glass screen protector on there, the adhesive will fill the coating scratches and they will be come invisible (assuming I am right and that the glass itself is not scratched which does sound likely to be the case). The tempered glass does have a similar coating though (the good stuff does anyway) which can scratch, so getting that case is still worth while.

If you don't like tempered glass, you could try one of those liquid screen protectors. I've not done this, and it will need reapplying occasionally, but such ought to fill the scratches in the coating as well. I wouldn't count on it to protect your screen, but as top-up coating it might just be worth trying. I'd go for tempered glass, but you may wish to try the liquid stuff.