Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 vi lag

profile.country.GR.title
GeorgeElefthe
Explorer

Xperia 1 vi lag

Hello. I ve just received my xperia 1 vi and it is very laggy especially when scrolling and opening folders.I have done factory restore 2 times and software repair, updated everything but the problem remains...Is it a known issue? Should i wait for a software update. I m coming from xperia 1 iv and v and no issues there.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GR.title
GeorgeElefthe
Explorer

I have noticed that the lag appears when the screen throttles from 15 to 120Hz. When it's on 120Hz it runs smoothly everywhere. The issue persists in safe mode all the time because (i think) it's running at a lower refresh rate there

profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

Hi, I noticed same thing. It is lagging while changing refresh rate. It is really annoying.

profile.country.GR.title
GeorgeElefthe
Explorer

Yes it is... Are you going to return it and get a replacement or wait for a firmware update?

profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

Hi,
I'm thinking of returning it and change on something different actually,
but not only because of this Lag situation. In general I dont see much
improvement over my previous 1 V. I had hope that system will be more
smooth and animations better, camera disappointing at the moment, specially
during darker conditions. Also ultra-wide is bad. What is great is battery
life, new form factor but thats it so far.
profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

Can we actually report it to Sony ? or at least ask if Sony is aware of this issue somewhere ?

profile.country.GR.title
GeorgeElefthe
Explorer

I have send an email directly to Sony, opened a ticket via Sony's support app asked on XDA forum and posted on reddit too..   https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/s/VSqDdSDzK3

So far they replied with the usual ( factory reset, phone reset etc. ). I m still in discussion with the support here in my country. I m trying too see if they going to fix this with an update because it's a very obvious bug, also reported from too many people. 

profile.country.GR.title
GeorgeElefthe
Explorer

At the moment I m adding all the apps that I want to use without any lag inside Game Enhancer app and locking them at 120hz. That way they are running at 120 all the time and no lag appears.

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@damian87 Did you try the basic troubleshooting steps? Does it make any improvements?