Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 1 iii Fingerprint sensor not working

profile.country.GB.title
Dragonzuiko
Explorer

Sony Xperia 1 iii Fingerprint sensor not working

My Fingerprint sensor is not responding or tells me to wipe the sensor clean which seems to be a common fault.

Is there a actual fix to this problem or is it a faulty power button/ sensor?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Dragonzuiko
Explorer

Fingerprint sensor is  temporary working again after putting the phone in the freezer for a minute. Must be because the phone gets hot. It's rather annoying the sensor plays up on this expensive phone a month after the warranty ran out. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @dragonzuiko 

That's a possibility, did you try to do the fingerprint sensor test from the support app on the phone, and what was the result?

profile.country.GB.title
Dragonzuiko
Explorer

It's saying the sensor is ok when working but when the phone gets hot I just get the phone saying wipe the sensor.

It's only been playing up the last couple of weeks, never had the problem before.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

profile.country.GB.title
Dragonzuiko
Explorer

Yes I tried all of that. It's ok when cold but when you start using the phone and it warms up the phone keeps asking you to wipe the sensor. Seems a common problem with the mk iii and mk IV my phone is two months out of warranty just my luck.

I have always bought Sony phones since the brick phones but looks like I may have to look for a different company 😔

profile.country.GB.title
Dragonzuiko
Explorer

Tried it many times and fingerprint sensor only works when the phone has not been used for a while, when the phone gets hot it stops working, not very good from a £1300 phone 😔

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@dragonzuiko Yeah seems like you need to contact the support team after checking these steps as well: Xperia Smartphone 7 Tips

profile.country.GB.title
Dragonzuiko
Explorer

Yes I messaged Sony about the phone, they emailed back with things to try which most I tried already but I done a software repair on the phone which was a pain because you lose lots of info even after backing up the phone.

The good news is the fingerprint sensor is working ok at the moment. Fingers crossed it's ok now.

profile.country.GB.title
Dragonzuiko
Explorer

Playing up again, reset the phone for nothing, time to switch companies I think 🤔